all that is gold does not glitter,

not all those who wander are lost;

the old that is strong does not wither,

deep roots are not reached by the frost.


from the ashes a fire shall be woken,

a light from the shadows shall spring;


renewed shall be the blade that was broken,

the crownless again shall be king.

Monday, April 29, 2013

whizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

what the heck!! i cannot believe my freshman year of college is about a week away from being totally finished. Some things about the beginning seem so recent, while if i change perspectives, i know that a lot has happened this year and a lot has actually changed since i started. funny how that works...

there's so much i could say or talk about, haha ..i don't even know how to organize it.....like at all.............................OK here i go

  • the majority of my attitude is extremely positive
  • i have some finals coming up
  • womens choir has finished for the year. next year i hope to be in two choirs
  • i have a wishywashy plan to double major sophomore year in psychology & music industry
  • i am trying to find a job [lol, right]
  • i have been insanely busy
  • i don't have TONS of friends and i'm not very needy
  • but the ones i have..i love so much i feel warm and fuzzy!
  • i have met a gazillion more new people this semester
  • i have learned to be myself
  • i have learned to be super independent
  • i have learned how to connect with people in my own way
  • i just freakin love people. they are interesting and amazing.
  • i have been really musically inspired and stretched recently!
  • i now know how to work out and stay motivated!
  • i am okay with being alone!
  • i am working on being more vulnerable with people. because exposure is NOT weakness!
  • ...^this is because of a book i am reading called Daring Greatly and it has been shaking my soullll! ...i could also talk about that for forever. i am so psyched about it. ask me about it sometime.
  • sometimes i feel like i'm scraping by but it's been so apparent to me that God is paving a way that i can't necessarily see
  • i have been going to tons of concerts this semester!
  • i have been recording stuff to practice with
  • working on a new original song which is super fun and eye-opening
  • a few of my best friends from highschool came to my concert last week and it warmed my heart
  • my writing professor told me i should be a literature or english major! i thought about it for a second. **might still be thinking about it
  • new piano pieces are rollin in for next semester:)

i basically just feel...happy. and blessed. like this year was really, really hard...as i guess a lot of my blogposts show..kind of pessimistic. and now i finally see what God is doing. well, some of it. and i know i won't always stay this happy cause life never stays the same. but i love to relish in the contentment of uncertainty that i have for now. kind of went on and on about all those things. but i have learned so much this year from God, my family, people in my life, and new experiences. and it makes me so excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment