all that is gold does not glitter,

not all those who wander are lost;

the old that is strong does not wither,

deep roots are not reached by the frost.


from the ashes a fire shall be woken,

a light from the shadows shall spring;


renewed shall be the blade that was broken,

the crownless again shall be king.

Thursday, May 24, 2012


for my class.
                After being around one group of people for most of the time in the last 3 years, I couldn't help but to become incredibly attached to you guys. Love is to want another's good, and I think love is pretty contagious in the class, even though its often subconscious. This love is shown pretty clearly to me through the escalation of happiness when Cooper won a MT award after acting in jeans and a t-shirt, or when Megan shines in her singing and drama roles and you can't help but to feel incredibly proud of her. When Davin finally got around to dunking and our happiness and excitement overflowed. Our frustration when Riley didn't get the ROTC scholarship because we all know what an incredible person he is. These are just a few examples, but I could come up with more. While we do love each other more than we know I think, I don't deny the presence of disagreement and argument in our class. But one time, Mr. Miller said something to me in his office..."It's a strange dynamic to say the least...they fight like brothers and sisters, yet they are always there to defend one another when something comes up." It really stuck. I had been thinking about this a lot lately and over the years have collected a lot of memories that mean more than I can say with every single person. Graduation is ...tomorrow, and time is slipping right through my fingers. I am completely ready to graduate and get out of school, but there are some things that just have to be remembered before moving onto other things.
                With Ben, I laugh out loud thinking about things we say or do...he showed me how to really throw a football, we had insane hotel adventures in London, we have had countless study hall laughs, thrown lots of stuff around, he encouraged me with Davin more than anyone else when i started basketball for the first time, and he has given me invaluable advice and plenty of extremely meaningful pep-talks. Megan has licked me, come with me to the dentist office in the name of getting work done on a project, danced a crazy Prince of Egypt dance in Mr. wilson's room with me, made a bus cake with me, cried with me, and pulled all-nighters with me. Madi and I bought ate a whole pizza & breadsticks for lunch. I have given her a ..few..tattoos, we stayed up till two in the morning one time, talking about EVERYTHING in her hot-tub, and played volleyball and basketball together. In my mind, Riley is the ideal cowboy. He has also advised me several times in the following fashion: "What if you marry him someday Meghan? Would you still say that?", we have played bullies in a music video together, we broke a light with a volleyball, and had intense pillow and pen wars. I have teased Heather more than I should have probably :) and tried to scare her, I have tried to be smarter than Heather. I have creeped on her, and she has made me laugh very, very hard. Libby has done crazy make-up in sephora with me. We snuck out in the snow one day and failed at attacking a boy-army in the snow...we tried to be stealthy. We've done sidewalk chalk, laid in curtains and eaten a lot of oreos at our brothers' JH bball game. Ok maybe I ate most of the oreos. :) I've gotten mad at coop, and he's gotten mad at me. We've said sorry to eachother a lot :) we've taken a webcam picture with Mr. Rallens, we have filmed insane music videos and video edited together. He has mimicked me endlessly, scared me really, really bad, gone to art in park with me, and we've had community service adventures. Hannah has put me in headlocks that sometimes really really hurt! She has sung the National Anthem with me, and we have also played basketball and volleyball together. We've done lots of hair and braiding, and she's helped me learn how to box-out :) I have picked Kade up off the side of the road. We've played in duet competitions, and called eachother slobs. He has given me countless advice on a LOT of different things, and is very wise. I will miss him telling me "that's not a word." Katy was my first friend at the school. She brought me movies and books and chocolate when i had pneumonia, she's cried her eyes our next to me while watching Titanic, went on huge junk food rampages with me, drowned our sorrows in salt and vinegar chips our first (my only ;)) year of Mock Trial. I have been co-dance DJ with Davin, and he's been my pen target practice. He's given me the biggest and funnest bruise i ever acquired, he's tipped my chair countless times, we have *also* had big pillow fights. He has white-washed me, and has been a friend that I needed. Ruth and I have been bored together, we have watched tons of wacky movies together, we taken spontaneous bike rides, studied for innumerable tests, she's cared for me when i don't deserve it, and made me laugh like crazy. Laura has competed with me, always been happy and cheerful around me...she's given me science and math help, and puts others above herself.
                Tell me how I am supposed to move on with my life without all of these wonderful, and incredibly influential people around me? All i can say is that I love and will always love you guys more than I can say. Thank you for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment